Saturday, April 2, 2011

Wedding Redo



Mark's parents have had 50 years of wedded bliss! A celebration is in order, and Lori, Mark's sister, is hosting a party in their honor. I've been put on craft patrol, and Mark is doing his swan song as a florist. After this he has officially retired from the flower business. But if you should need a florist, I know an excellent set of florists and they love flowers!

After thumbing through their wedding pictures, I chose a few to frame. In my organizing frenzy, I found 8 black Martha Stewart frames, that worked perfectly!






I bought this vintage cake topper before Mark and I got married,and never ended up using it. I gave the bride a dye job to imitate Loxi's locks.



Before



After

Then came the lace. To mimic their original cake topper, it needed the lace heart. Fabric Barn had an off white, that I aged with tea to match the lace on the dress. Then the black wire became white wire thanks to Mark's endless supply of spray paint. The topper already had tiny holes on either side of tge bride and groom, so after some careful bending, presto! The crazy lace heart is complete!




Tomorrow should be fun. Let's just hope my appetizers go as easily as the crafts did.

No comments:

Post a Comment