Friday, July 29, 2011

Lily hearts Elsa




 Baby Elsa loves siamese cats.  Or, if she doesn't she better start because she will soon be outnumbered by her 2 siamese brothers.  Liv's beloved Lily Mae(formerly named Miss Karen) passed away earlier this year.  I'm pretty sure Lily was preparing to be a good sister because the socially inept cat was extremely sweet to Henry the last time we saw her.  I know Lily would love Elsa to have a pretty little dress, I'm just the conduit. And there was a swiss dot dress at Old Navy that with a bit of tailoring was perfect for little Elsa.
  

Originally, this was a 3T blouse. I took in the sides and shortened the straps.  The smocking on the top of the dress has metallic gold/bronze thread.  I had never embroidered with metallic thread, it certainly puts up a fight!  After untangling many knots, I finally got the hang of the unruly thread.


Lily's little love note lined the inside to protect sensitive skin from those unruly knots.


It turned out pretty cute in the end. I can't wait to see it on her.


We sure do love this little one!  Henry asks about her on a daily, sometimes hourly basis!




No comments:

Post a Comment